Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Different Sort of School Year

I've been hard at work, making this little portable classroom as homey and comfortable as possible.  I think it's going to be an excellent year, even though our campus is in heavy flux.  Consider it an adventure and you will not be disappointed.

In recent news: 
  • Scores for the Smarter Balanced tests are in and Pleasant Hill students killed it in language arts.  For reals.  We averaged far higher than the state average.
  • We will be joined by a student teacher this year, Mr. Freske.  More on him later.
  • I have a chance to teach the accelerated freshman English class this year, as well as my usual Scholars and junior classes, so that should be interesting.  
Meanwhile, I'm giving the chalkboards (yes, I have them!) a fresh coat of black paint (they were green - can you believe it?) and getting ready to welcome all of my students back.  

See you Tuesday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment